Location Works is committed to protecting your personal information.
When you make an enquiry about the goods or services we supply or purchase services from us, you may need to provide us with certain personal data relating to you. Your privacy is extremely important to us so we want you to know exactly how we will use that personal data. We've set out all the details below.
- We will only ever ask for what we really need to know;
- We will collect and use the personal data that you share with us transparently, honestly and fairly;
- We will always respect your choices concerning the data that you share with us;
- We will put appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data that you share;
- We will never sell your data.
Who we are
1. Our full name is Location Works Limited. We will be the data controller in respect of any personal data you provide to us. The term "data controller" is a legal phrase used to describe a person or entity that controls the way personal data is used and processed.
Information we collect and use
2. Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- information about who you are e.g. your name and contact details;
- your bank account details (so that we can make payments and refund deposits);
- information about your contact with us e.g. notes on phone calls & emails;
- information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies (see below) when you visit our website.
We only collect personally identifiable information to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to serve the legitimate business purposes of Location Works Ltd. We maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We would not normally transfer your information to third parties, but if we did, we would take all reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any data also provide sufficient protection of that personal information. We do not collect or store credit or debit card details.
We do not collect or store 'sensitive' personal information about you, since that is not required for our day-to-day business.
Use of your information
3. We use the personal information we hold about you:
- to provide you with our services;
- to enforce our contract with you and inform you of any changes to the contract;
- in both of these cases the legal basis that we will be relying upon to process your personal information, will be because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between us.
We also use the information we hold about you:
- to provide you with information about services you have enquired about;
- to obtain feedback from you and provide ongoing customer service;
- to deal with any complaints;
- in this case our legal basis for processing your personal information will be because the processing is in our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with a high level of service, resolve complaints and to promote our business.
We may also, to enforce the law, and when required to do so, disclose information to law enforcement agencies.
5. Data protection legislation provides individuals with a number of different rights in relation to their data. For example, you have the right to ask us whether we hold information about you and if so, to obtain certain details about that information and/or the information itself. Exercising this right is commonly known as a 'data subject access request' (DSAR). Certain exemptions and conditions apply to this right.
There are other rights which you also may be able to exercise (such as the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, to object to the processing of personal data, or to require the erasure of personal data). All these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions.
To obtain further information about these rights please see the ICO website - www.ico.gov.uk. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact or you want to advise us of changes to your personal details you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Location Works Ltd, 9a The Cross, Eye, Suffolk IP23 7AB.
Where to get information
6. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible on their website – www.ico.gov.uk.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. We will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
How to contact us
Location Works Ltd
9a The Cross
Eye, Suffolk IP23 7AB
- Location Works may use necessary cookies/performance cookies/functionality cookies on its web site, specifically:
- per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the web site;
- persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (depending on the lifetime of the specific cookie). These cookies are used to store information between visits to a site.
- None of the Location Works cookies keep any personal information about you or any of our visitors.
- It is easy to control or delete cookies. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies or www.aboutcookies.org.